Oricon recently released their mid year album sales ranking for 2009 and TVXQ / DBSK / Tohoshinki did better than most expected. “The Secret Code” came in at number 10 with a sales figure of 248,000 for the first half of 2009. This placed them above popular artists such as KAT-TUN who had 237,000 sales for "Break the Records -by you & for you-" and Utada who had 228,000 sales for "This is The One." BoA who released a combo "Best Album and American Debut album" was ranked 25th with a sales figure of 131,000.
Here are the Top 10 sales figures:
1. Mr Children - "Supermarket Fantasy" (1.2 million)
2. Exile - "Exile Ballad Best" (807k)
3. Dreams Come True - "Do Your Dreams come true?" (632k)
4. Reiorome - "Remio Best" (471k)
5. Ikimono-Gakari - "My Song Your Song" (404k)
6. Koda Kumi - "Trick" (385k)
7. Ayumi - "Next Level" (363k)
8. RADWIMPS - "Arutokorni no Teiri" (314k)
9. Unicorn - "Shamble" (250k)
10. TVXQ / Tohoshinki - "The Secret Code" (248k)
Some of you enjoyed TVXQ's Stand By You scans a few days ago and now you can enjoy the video for the off-shoot:
This is good news for TVXQ and they should be even more excited with their Tokyo Dome concert just a few days away.